DR. EFREN AWAYAN, CPA
Dr. Efren Awayan was admitted in MSU General Santos City in 2003 as an Associate Professor. Beside teaching, he had served the University as Budget Officer for four years and Accountant for another four years. He finished his Doctor of Business Administration at the Ateneo de Davao University and he earned his Master of Science in Computational Finance at the De La Salle University, Manila. He is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Accounting in MSU-GSC with a Latin honour, cum laude.
He is Certified Public Accountant. Before joining the academic sector, he had several stints with various corporate companies like Pure Foods Corporation Tuna Export Division, San Miguel Corporation Agribusiness Division and the Philippine National Bank Trust Banking Group. He led the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountant (PICPA) General Santos City chapter from 2011-2012. Dr. Awayan was awarded as an Outstanding Chapter President by the national organization.
At present, Dr. Awayan is the Dean of the College of Business Administration and Accountancy since 12 April 2018. His deanship will expire on 12 April 2021.
To strengthen all the degree programs of the CBA&A and to produce graduates that are equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge to be successful in their future careers.
- To provide competent and ethical professional accountant capable of making positive contributions to the professions and society
BSBA Bus. Economics.
- To produce highly qualified and competent economic graduates who will contribute to the socio-economic development of the country
BSBA Entrep. Marketing
- To equip student with a strong fundamental business knowledge in appraising real life situations requiring
- To develop student personality appropriate for interpersonal and wholesome relationship
- To be able to provide students with deeper understanding of the dynamic markets, socio-economic indicators and trends and how they impact into social and ethical perspective.
- To prepare students in becoming competent managers and leaders who are fully cognizant of their responsibilities in the field of business
- To provide students with skills in research, analysis, decision-making and communications in business.
- To prepare students for local, regional, and global competitiveness
Program Offerings (4)
- BS Accountancy
- BSBA Marketing Management
- BSBA Human Resource Management
- BS Economics
- PhD – 3
- MBA/MS/MA – 7
- BS – 1 (currently taking MBA)
- Lecturers – 7
- Level 1 AACCUP Accreditation of BSBA Economics, BSBA Marketing, BSBA Management
- Enhance existing initiatives to promote faculty and staff excellence
- More research opportunities and incentives to increase chances for advancement and promotion
- Encouraged professional growth of faculty and staff
- Performance in CPA Board Exam higher than national percentage
- Research-based extension program in Fatima for households, business organizations and barangay officials