Develop highly skilled, competent and globally competitive teachers and educational leaders.
Generate science-based information as well as educational technologies and innovations through research and development
Engage proactively with the service communities through hihg impact and culturally responsive extension and outreach program
Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Provide critical, analytic and creative secondary school teachers in the fields of Biology, English, Filipino and Mathematics.
- Hone the theoretical and practical teaching skills of teachers in both content and pedagogy, as well as communication and other lifelong learning skills and;
- Mold passionate teachers imbued with integrity and professionalism worthy of emulation.
Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Produce elementary school teachers equipped with developmentally appropriate philosophy of teaching responsive to the changing social milieu
- Provide learning experiences geared towards the development of pedagogical, research and technological skills;
- Develop educators imbued with the passion for the young, cultural sensitivity, professional ethics and creativity.
FACULTY STAFF STUDENT
2017 2017 2017 2019
BEED 5 3 400 433
BSED 5 389 376
SUB-TOTAL 10 3 789 809
CETD 22 4 500 510
SHS 39 2 750
SUB-TOTAL 70 9 1250
OVERALL 69 9 2039
2019 32 7 1319
1. Level 2 AACCUP Accreditation
2. Licensure Exam for Teachers
2017 Top 10 BEED GenEd.
Top 4 BSED Mathematics
2018 Top 7 BSED Mathematics.
– Continuing program for LET In-House Review every April to May
– LET Boosters every month facilitated by students clubs and organisations
– Call for convergence meeting with 7 LET Review Centers to plan out sustainability programs and projects (April 21,2019)
3. Curriculum Review and Development of Instruction
- BEED, MS,MAED, Ph.D April 2017
- Basic Education System-wide Curriculum Revision for (JHS & SHS), April 2017
- Attendance to Curriculum Development and Planning Workshop in Ateneo De Davao University Aug 2017
- Attendance to Asia Pacific Conference on Curriculum Studies and Instructional Designing, September 2017
- System-wide Curriculum Revision November 2017
- Outcomes Based Seminar Workshop December 2018
- Calendar Shift for MSU-CETD
- Research Forum both in undergraduate and graduate education program
- Reviewed and implemented policies ,research process and organised research ethics committee
- Engaged in research activities , technical support and partnered with LGU- General Santos City, Sarangani Province, Koronadal City, South Cotabato, Koronadal and Sultan Kudarat Province. Philippine National Police- Philippine Public Safety College, Local Government Unit, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Interior and Local Government, Non-Government Organizations, Save the Children, UNICEF, OPPAP, etc.
- Spearheaded the research on the “ Realignment of Organizational Structure of the Municipality of Malapatan Sarangani Province partnered with MLGU-Malapatan, Mahintana Foundation, SPECTRUM and European Union (1.5M)
- Attended, presented and published researches in various conferences and fora
- Forged partnership with Different Divisions of Department of Education Region 12 by providing technical support and assistance in the Formulation and conduct of Action Research
- Spearheaded the University-wide Tracer Study
- All faculty has research engagement
- Engage the community in Peace Initiatives and Global Citizenship, Gender and Development Program and Fundamental of Peace Education. (UNESCO, UN, OPAP, UNICEF, Save the Children, Sulong Kapayapaan- LGU Sarangani, OMA, UNDP-Katyiakap, USAID, US Embassy, PNP RTC12, PPSC-OSEC, LGU Gensan, BJMP, BFP, DILG, PASALI, YES, DOST-PCHRD and others)
- Madrasah Education in partnership with Office of Muslim Affairs
- Forge partnership with International organisations like UNICEF, UNESCO,UNESCO-APCEIU, Living Peace International, Save the Children, Equal Access, etc for the contextualised PEACE & GCED programs
- Service provider in the conduct of Mandatory Training for newly Elected Sannguniang Kabataan Officials of Region 12 to 1396 participants from 8 municipalities of Sarangani Province and General Santos City funded by DILG Region 12 (1.5M)
- Continuing Extension programs of students’ clubs and organization BSED (KASTIFUN), project TATAK for BEED, EDMath Class Educational Extension
- Attended the UNESCO- Asia Pacific Training Workshop for Trainers and International Conference on Global Citizenship in South Korea funded by UNESCO, Bangkok Thailand
- Partnered with Philippine Normal Universities, Dela Salle Universities and other schools in delivering Global Citizenship Education
- Participate in regular DILG -Multi-Stakeholders Advisory Committee Meeting and member in the knowledge and information sharing committee
- Facilitated the Research technical assistance in the PNP Philippine Public Safety College- Officer Senior Executive Course
- Forge continuing partnership with Department of Education- General Santos City Division ( 7 from BSED and 5 BEED) as cooperating schools in the our Field Education Courses and Practice Teaching
- Contextualize Extension framework an Extension Flagship project of the College of Education called “SINDAW” through a research grant from CHED-IDIG Grant entitled “Spearheading Change Towards Community Development Through Relevant Research and Extension Capability Trainings Using United Nations Sustainable Developmental Goals for 2030”.
- Stakeholders Forum
- Benchmarking (20 faculty extensionist)
- Project Identification, Formulation and Design (30 faculty extensionist)
- Project Management Workshop (30 faculty extensionist)
- Seminar on Project Impact Evaluation (30 faculty extensionist)
- Seminar on Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Writeshop on OBE Syllabus with Community Extension Programming
- Workshop on Logframe Development