Prof. Ariel T. Ortiz
Was born in Malabang, Lanao del Sur in 1966. In 1988 received his degree in BS Marine Fisheries from ZSCMST in Zamboanga City, and in 1999 his MSc. in Marine Science from Marine Science Institute, UP Diliman, Quezon City. He has been a Research Associate II at UP-MSI from 1995 to 1998 at the Marine Phycological Laboratory in UP-Diliman. Also a Faculty of the College since 1988 to present. Currently he is a PhD Candidate in Sustainable Development Studies at MSU-GSC.
Faculty & Staff Profile
I. Aquaculture Department:
- Prof. Tersa R. Castillo
- Prof. Ronald P. Sombero
- Prof. Mary Lynn S. Abiera, PhD
- Prof. Nicole Nina G. Galvez
- Prof. Glenville A. Castrence
- Prof. Arlyn A. Mandas
II. Marine Biology and Fish Processing Department
- Prof. Ariel T. Ortiz
- Prof. Ellan Joy T. Mandario
- Prof. Julius V. Mingoc
- Prof. Gaily Jubie S. Hontiveros
III. Support Staff
- Prescilyn B. Casas – Admin AIDE IV
- Edna B. Mabuloc – Science Research Analyst
- Colin Ibanez – Fisheries Tecnician
- Habib L. Manotoc – Admin AIDE I
- Komini Kudanding – Utililty
- Elias P. Maguid – Pond Aide
- Provide quality education in Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences particularly in fields of Aquaculture, Marine Biology and Post –Harvest Fisheries
- Provide trained and skilled human resources that would cater to the needs of the fishery and other related industry.
- Advocate the sustainable development in fisheries and related fields.
- Maintain its status as Center of Excellence in Fisheries in Region XII.
- COF Ranked as 3rd Best Performing Institution in the Country, offering Fisheries Technology Courses by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Manila, 2019.
- BS Fisheries and BS Marine Biology is now Level 2 Accredited by AACCUP 2019
- Chairperson, Marine Biology and Fish Processing Department from 2007 to 2018
- Co- Researcher with UP-MSI in the National program on Invertebrate studies Holothuria scabra in the Philippines from 2014-2016.
- Coral Restoration Program Implementor of College of Fisheries in Kiamba , Sarangani from 2014 to 2015.
- Supervisor of Oceanography and Water Quality Division Environmental Conservation Protection Center (ECPC) Sarangani Province South Cotabato Region 2003-2005
- Performed Five year Inventory and Assessment research on the natural stocks of Sargassum and Gracilaria species in different Regions of the Philippines. (1994-1995)
- Performed one year and a half growth rate studies on different species of Sargassum in the intertidal and subtidal regions in Bolinao, Pangasinan (1996-1998)
- Involved in Fisheries Profiling of Sarangani and Illana Bay 2005
- 2nd Best Research Paper National Aquatic Resources Research and Development System Award (NARRDS) PCAMRD DOST Los Baños Laguna Philippines 2002
- Best Research Paper Southern Mindanao Aquatic and Marine R&D Zonal Center V PCMARD DOST Zamboanga City. 2001